Caretaking is a 24/7 job. About 53 million U.S. residents act as the primary caregivers for adults over 50 in their families. Respite care offers caretakers temporary relief so they have time to take care of themselves.
Respite care offers comfort for your family and for your seniors. It is temporary institutional caregiving to the elders of your family who are recovering from surgery, disabled, or have special needs and can’t perform routine activities by themselves.
How Does It Work?
Respite care can be done in your home or in residential and special day-care centers. If someone in your family needs care around the clock, whether they’re recovering from an illness, or have a physical disability, a trained professional will take your position as the caregiver for a temporary period.
Respite care in Philadelphia, PA allows you time to tend to other responsibilities or get some time alone to care for yourself. It offers you peace of mind while your loved one receives personalized care from professionals.
What Are The Services Provided By Respite Care?
Following are the services respite care provides for your loved ones:
- 24/7 caregiving assistance
- Wake-up assistance
- Medical assistance according to their medical history
- Light incontinence assistance
- Nighttime checks
- Skilled homecare
- Showering assistance
How Can I Find Respite Care?
To find respite care, first determine what kind of respite care you’ll need and whether or not the service or program you’re choosing is licensed. Here are some questions you should ask when browsing home health care agencies in Philadelphia, PA.
- How long will the sessions last?
- If you have more than one loved one that requires respite care, will the session cover both members of your family?
- What services will be included in the price the program demands?
- How far in advance must the sessions be booked?
- What kind of training do your professionals have?
- How will the program or facility keep track of all the medication and medical history of your loved one?
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of respite care depends on the duration and type of care your loved one needs. The location of respite care and the community choice may also affect the expense of the program. It’s common for respite services to charge by the hour and some insurance plans offer full or partial coverage.
Contact Victory Home For More Information
If you are feeling the weight of being a full-time caretaker, respite care might be the best choice for you and your family members. The team at Victory Home Health is eager to answer any questions you might have. Contact us today.