While it may be difficult to admit, after the age of 65, the majority of us will require some form of care. You may be accustomed to doing everything yourself, sharing responsibilities with your spouse, or requesting the support of family members for basic household tasks. However, as you age and your circumstances change, going around and caring for yourself might become increasingly challenging.
As you age, staying in the comfort of your own home for as long as possible may be one of the best decisions you can make. For many, nothing compares to the comfort of resting and spending time in your own home instead of moving to a retirement or long-term care facility.
Now, having a trusted home healthcare provider that can attend to your needs in the comfort of your own home makes it more favorable and helpful for the remainder of your time.
How Do Home Health Care Services Help?
As we grow older, things that were once simple become more difficult. We might need more assistance in most of the daily things we need to do. Victory Home Care is a trusted home health care service in Philadelphia that can be our companion and home helper.
Here’s a list of Victory Home Health services include:
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminder
- Accompany to Doctor’s Appointment
- Grocery Shopping Errands
- Laundry and Ironing
- Light Housekeeping
- Changing Bed Linen
- Respite Care
- Bathing, Grooming, Dressing
- Maintaining a Safe and Comfortable Home Environment
If we don’t have a family member available to assist us in our daily regular daily activities, Victory Home care services could be the best option.
Waiver Programs to Stay At Home
For individuals that require long-term care are usually advised to be moved to a retirement or long-term care facility. However, with the help of waiver programs, they can remain in the comfort of their own home. The quality of care provided through a waiver program is equivalent to that provided in a hospital or nursing home.
Victory Home Health participates in several Medicaid Waiver programs. Their services will include assisting you to process the waiver programs and qualify.
How To Utilize Waiver Programs?
- Contact PA Independent Enrollment Broker (PA IEB): Inform them you wanted to apply for the Waiver Program
- Have your first in-home visit: This will help you see if waiver programs meet your needs.
- Have your second in-home visit: A representative from Area Agency on Aging (AAA). will assess the qualification of the waiver program based on the care you need.
- PA IEB reviews your Physician’s Certification Form and Functional Eligibility Determination: If both forms meet program eligibility, PA IEB sends your application to the program for processing.
- The Waiver Program will review your waiver application and make a decision: Once your application is approved, your health care service at the comfort of your home will begin.
If you wish to have a trusted healthcare service provider to be your companion in the comfort of your home, contact Victory Home Health today. We will also assist you in your Waiver Program needs.